Information Technology is an interdisciplinary field primarily concerned with the analysis, collection, classification, manipulation, storage, retrieval and dissemination of information. To create the Information Technocrats, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology pioneer the Department of Information Technology in the year 2002 with the sanctioned intake of 60 students. The course is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, affiliated to University of Mumbai and ISO 9001-2008 certified. The department at RGIT is creating tomorrow's knowledge society.
Students, faculty, and staff collaborate to unite technology, people, and information to make a fundamental difference in this knowledge society, a society in which citizens collaboratively and freely create and share knowledge and utilize information and technology to promote growth, prosperity, and well-being.
The main focus of the department is to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in Information Technology domain. There is a distinct entrepreneurial spirit in the students of the department. The department has well equipped classrooms and computer laboratories with high - end systems. Moreover, it has a rich departmental library. The department also has a Student Body named ABIT.
To create competent technical professionals in Information Technology with ethical behavior and environment consciousness.
1. To provide contemporary and cutting-edge technical education in Information Technology.
2. To provide an ambience which nurtures research ideas in futuristic domains of Information Technology.
3. To initiate project-based learnings and practical exposures in the area of Information Technology.
4. To direct faculties in research and consultancy / advisory roles
5. To establish strong linkages with well-known national and international technical institutes and industry
6. To promote a culture of imbibing environmental care.
7. To aim to become a department of aspiration and choice.
Program Education Objective
1. To prepare student with a sound foundation in Mathematic, Scientific and Information Technology fundamentals and prepare for employment, higher studies and research.
2. To encourage the students to pursue higher studies in the field of specialization.
3. To inculcate leadership, team work, entrepreneurship, professional ethics, Indian values and holistic development among students.
4. To motivate student to the art of self-learning and solve complex real-life problems using modern scientific and IT tools.
Program Specific Outcome
1. An ability to apply the knowledge in the multidisciplinary fields and make it IT enabled.
2. To develop the knowledge of algorithms, data structures, cloud services, information security, programming languages and data analytics as an IT professional
Departmental Advisory Committee
Mr. Bahubali Kandale ,Techno Wings Solutions,Mumbai
Miss. Manisha Akolkar , Solution Architect, Infosys,Pune
Dr. Sachin Sakhare,Professor, CSE,VIIT, Pune
Mr. Nadeem Laskaria (Alumni), World 7 Mediacraft Pvt.Ltd. Canada
Mr. Pulkit Potdar ,(Alumni), Reach and Teach Learning Solution Mumbai
Name of committees
Dr. S. B. Wankhade Prof. S.K. Sabnis Prof. A. E. Patil
Prof.Swapnil Gharat (Convener) Prof. Anushree Deshmukh Prof. Yogita Ganage
Departmental Time Table Committee
Prof. Yogita Ganage (Convener) Mr. Santosh Ghatkar
Mid Term Test Exam Committee
Prof. Anushree Deshmukh Mr. Santosh Ghatkar
Prof. Anushree Deshmukh (Convener) Prof. Yogita Ganage Mr. Santosh Ghatkar
Research Development Committee
Dr. S.B. Wankhade (Convener) Prof. A.E.Patil Prof. Nilesh Rathod Prof. Anushree Deshmukh
Training & Placement Committee
Prof. A. E. Patil (Convener) Prof. Yogita Ganage
Student Mentoring Committee
Prof. Nilesh Rathod Prof. Ankush Hutke
Prof. A. E. Patil (Convener) Prof. Anushree Deshmukh
Departmental Discipline Committee
Dr. S.B. Wankhade Prof. Ankush Hutke Prof. Swapnil Gharat
Departmental Alumni Committee
Prof. A.E. Patil (Convener) Prof. S. K. Sabnis
Prof.Nilesh Rathod (Convener) Dr. S.B.Wankhade
Departmental Library Committee
Prof. Yogita Ganage Mr. Santosh Ghatkar
S/w Development Commitee
Prof.Ankush Hutke Prof. Govind Wakure